Friday, December 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Daxon!









I have a five year old... and it feels weird. I feel like the days are numbered when he will cuddle with me anytime. He loves little babies and asks me every day for a baby sister. He even wrote on his Christmas list that he wanted Santa to bring him a sister. I have a feeling he might be disappointed, but it melts my heart. He is so sweet, and yes, VERY active at the same time. Here is a few things that I love about Daxon:
1. When I drop him and Shane off at school, Dax will walk Shane to his class just to make sure he gets there OK. Shane sometime says that he is shy and nervous for school, so I think that this is a very thoughtful thing for Dax to do.
2. He makes his bed by himself about half of the week.
3. He just learned to tie his shoes last week, which I really appreciate.
4. He is learning how to read and is trying to group random letters together. This is how a conversation will go, over and over and over again. DAX: "Mom, what does this say... QRSSEEEEP? (as he carefully pronounces every letter) ME: "Um, Dax that doesn't spell anything." DAX:" What does this say, PIPE" ME: "Hey! That spells pipe." DAX:" Yeah I know how to spell things now! Mom, what does this say, OTE?" ME:"Hmm..."
5. Sometimes when he gets hurt, feels sad, or just wants me, he will come up to me and say," Mom, I want you to cuddle with me. Sometimes little boys just need their mommies."
6. My other favorite thing that he says," Mom, I need to tell you something... you're beautiful."
Oh Daxon, I love you.

7 comments:

sheila said...

I sure Love You Daxon. You are such an awsome, talented kid. I enjoy watching you skateboard, snow ski, ride your bike, do tricks, and play baseball. Kid, you can do anything!!

Ainsley said...

that is so sweet that he tells you you are beauiful! such a cute little boy.

Lizzie said...

Hey Chanel...it's Lizzie Lamm. I'm so glad I peeked at your blog today, because I've been looking for the perfect shade of blue/gray to paint my Family room and I really like yours. What is the name and brand of it? Could you email it to me at shadandlizzie@gmail.com. Thanks!

Elisa said...

Hi Chanel! Your blog is so cute...it's been fun seeing what you guys have been up to! Happy happy birthday Daxon!..five is such a fun age! I wish we could keep em five for at least 2 years. :)
love, elisa

Tai said...

What a sweet little boy!! He is so cute. I love that he is trying to spell. So cute. Where does the time go?

Rebecca said...

Chanel, Marie Hedges asked me to contact you. Her sister moved into the house you were in here in Apple Valley and their lease was up last month and they moved out. They heve had all kinds of problems with the landlord and are still trying to get deposit $ back She wondered if you had similar problems or could offer any advice. Please call or email jmhedges4@verizon.net 760-954-5728. Hope you have a Merry Christmas Chanel. Rebecca

Curtis and Jen said...

Dax is adorable. I love it when children communicate their affection for their mommy! I can't wait till mine starts talking.