Sunday, December 16, 2007

I know..

I know... I have not updated this blog in a little while and I am sorry for that. It has been so crazy at our house lately. I am still trying to get my boys back on a schedule, and this is what Brad and I wake up to most mornings... Dax and Shane between us. Shane now climbs out of his crib and wants to sleep in Daxon's bed, with Daxon. Then, they come into our bed some time in the middle of the night. Notice the binkie in Shane's mouth. AHHHH, It's back! I am desperate for sleep. Ugh! Oh well, at least they cuddle.

I love the snow, and I forgot how beautiful Utah is in the winter. I hope that I still feel that way in a few months from now when the snow is still here.
Daxon celebrated his fourth birthday on December 2nd. He is growing up so fast. He got the game Candyland from his friend Landon, and that was probably his favorite gift. We were playing it for the 50th time and in the middle of the game he told me that I was a "goofus". Oh, and the only thing that he wants for Christmas is a monster truck movie. I love it! He loves NASCAR, so for his birthday I got him a Jimmie Johnson racecar and the matching truck, well apparently got the wrong one. He said, "Mom, I don't like Jimmie Johnson, I like Jeff Gordon." I had no idea that he knew so much about race cars. Daxon is such a blessing in my life. I am never bored now that I have him. Every day is an adventure.

Daxon found his match. Conner. He is almost six, and is soooo cute. He is spunky, energetic, happy, and crazy just like Dax. I love him! They wrestle for hours and Daxon keeps up very well, even though Dax is about half his weight. I would like to get them both into a karate class together to help burn off some of that energy.



5 comments:

Jen said...

Chanel...It is so good to hear what you guys are up to. Your boys are so cute. Isn't it nice when you find a friend that can keep up with them, and or wear them out? I went to school with Jimmie Johnson. He used to tease me all the time in Junior High. It is funny to hear that he is so famous now.

lisa said...

it is my dream to get out of the matchbox aisle at the toy store.

Rebecca said...

We drove past your old house and Hyrum said "Look! Daxon's house has Christmas lights on it!" He knows you moved, but it will always be 'Daxon's house'. He misses his buddy.

Harper Family said...

I think it is great that Dax has a good buddy who can hold his own. He would crack me up when you used to come over visiting teaching with Heidi. I can't believe you guys are in Utah--have a merry merry Christmas!

Joanne said...

Chanel - I found your blog from Casey and Heather's. It's so good to hear what you guys are up to! Your boys are darling. I guess you guys are back in Utah?

Joanne (Daniel's wife)