Monday, June 16, 2008

My crazy life...

I love before and after shots so here is one that I think is fun because it is of my new kitchen. It is also nice to see how much of a difference all of our hard work has paid off.
Here is the kitchen when we closed on the house...


...and here it is now. I love it! It needs a few more things but is is mostly finished.
Here is the view from the family room into the kitchen and dining area. Also a new and exciting event happened in our family. Brad's sweet brother Landon got engaged to Molly while we were all in Newport. I love her so much and I am really excited for her to join our family.
Happy Birthday to my mom! I am so greatful for her and that she took in our family for these last few months. She made us feel so welcome. The night that we left her house for our first night in our new one Daxon said that he didn't want to go to our new house, but wanted to stay at grandma's house because he "loves grandma and her sweet house." Amen to that one Daxon. It sure does stink now that we have a house payment...
Daxon now does wheelies on his bike. He learned how to do them while we were in Newport, and Brad took about 50 pictures of him doing them. This may not be the best one, but it is the first one that I came to. Oh and by the way, sorry that I have been avoiding my blog the last little while. My life has been crazy, but in a good way. I am enjoying my new neighboorhood and getting to know some great neighboors.


11 comments:

sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sheila said...

(ok, let me try this post again)

The new house sure is looking great!! I miss Daxon and Shane living with us but, I enjoy having them over to play.

Adam and Brittany said...

Your house looks amazing! Adam and I need to come see it.You are so creative!

Jackson Family said...

The house looks great!!! We went private so if you want to look at our blog I need your email address. So, email me or just text me. Miss you babe.

Jackson Family said...

my email is taramjackson@yahoo.com

Bilary said...

Fun house! Thanks for sharing the pics! I love the black door on your pantry! What a nice touch! Love it! Glad to see you blogging again. I've missed you, but I guess I can understand why you have been busy.:)

Angie said...

I love your kitchen! It looks great. perhaps we'll make it to Utah someday to see it in person!

Lillie said...

WOW. So I'm SOOO jealous of your pendant lights, your black door, your backsplash, and your upholstered kitchen chairs. Is it just me, or is our floor plan a little similar? Your kitchen is set up JUST like mine, and my couch would be exactly where yours is. Is that opening on the left going into a dining room by chance??

It looks killer Chanel.

Lizzie said...

Great taste girl! I love the black door, the mouldings and paint colors. Does Brad have a say in anything, or is it all you??

Jen said...

Your house is beautiful! You have wonderful taste. Hopefully your life will calm down a bit now that things are settling down.

Ainsley said...

Chanel it looks amazing! As always, your taste is flawless. I really want to see how the rest of your house turned out---the pirate room, living room, everything. Next time we’re in Utah I’ll be inviting myself over.