Monday, July 16, 2007

Devil's Gate

Well, I should have put this picture in my blog a while ago, but I kind of spaced it. I have more that I should probably put in as well. I had the opportunity to go on a trek last month in Wyoming without my kids and husband. It was so much fun. I am pictured here with my mom and my sister. We had to wear pioneer get-up the entire 4 long days. It was definately more of a spiritual experience than it was fun. My great-grandfather, Gibson Condie, was one of the rescuers for the Martin and Willie handcart companies. It was great to learn more about him and see his name on the plaques. It is definatly a trip that every Mormon family, that has older kids, should do. Well worth the time. One of the highlights was that one of my cousins had her daughter baptized in the Sweetwater River right between Devil's Gate, and Martin's Cove. If you can take a trailer with you do it because there are no bathing facilities... Luckily, we had a trailer, thanks to my dad. Oh yeah, I made the aprons that are in this picture for the trip.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Harper Family said...

Chanel,

I found your Blog through a link on Sunshine's Blog. I love it. I miss you as my Visiting Teacher :) It is nice to see how you are doing and what your family is up to. I actually created a blog due to the inspiration of seeing Amy's and Sunshine's--it is simple and nothing great but feel free to check it out at ctacharper.blogspot.com

Tammy Harper

Claudia Hansen - Johnson said...

What a great experience you must have had. We're sure was hard and something you'll never forget. Especially every time you flush a toilet, open the fridge for dinner food, take a shower or start the washing machine.