Sunday, July 29, 2007

Bloody Nose



I forgot to put this picture with my last post. OOPS! Well the other day Shane woke up early from his nap screaming, so as I run into his room I see blood all over his face and blanket. Not something that you expect to see when you check on your kid. I freaked out thinking something horrible happened, until Shane started laughing at me and I realized it was just his nose.
Oh, and yes, that is a light purple and white binkie. I thought that I lost all of his other 10 binkies so I had to make a mad dash over to Target and get more and all they had were pink with flowers, or purple with polka dots. Hmmm...I chose the less feminine of the two. The next day I found the lost binkies in a hidden pocket of a bag that we packed for a trip that we went on a few days before. Well, just yesterday I asked Brad to boil the binkies, bad idea, he put the binkies in the boiling water and went outside to wash the car. One hour passes, Brad still outside, and I am welcomed home by stanky burning plastic stench . I ran to the stove and found a puddle of melted binkies in the pot with the water long evaporated. I hope Target has a new stash of more masculine looking binkies...

2 comments:

Jackson Family said...

This is Tara, Poor Shane! I am so excited I get to see you guys now. I love it. I hope Brad isn't too jealous. I was cheering for the Cubs that day but I love the Giants. I really like Chicago. I would never move here or anything but it's a nice change. I can't wait to go home though. Give the boys kisses for us.

Lillie said...

I laughed good at this one. The stanky binky part that is. Not at your son's bloody nose. I'm glad he's smiling in the picture though or it would have all seemed much more tragic.