Sunday, October 28, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Ok, so I have ignored this blog thing for a while so now it is time to play catch up... Daxon was supposed to have a halloween party at school this last Friday, but because of all the nasty smoke outside it was cancelled. One of the activities that they were going to do was pumpkin carving so I was stuck with this uncarved pumpkin and the above picture is what I came up with. It only took three hours, no big deal right? More like a waste of time...
This is a blurry picture of our ward party last night. The cute girl in the picture is Miss Swann, so since Dax was Captian Jack Sparrow we had to snap a quick picture. It is funny that the times that you want a great picture the camera fails to do its job and your child wants nothing to do with having a picture taken. Daxon was probably just dissapointed because earlier that day he told me that he wanted his dad to dress up as Miss Swann. We will just say that is why he didn't want to cooperate. I do have to say that she makes a much better Elizabeth than Brad would have.
Last night Shane decided to be a stinker and slept a whopping four hours. Taking into consideration his bedtime is at 7:30, and he usually wakes up at 8:30 for a total of 13 hours of peaceful rest, I was quite annoyed. He finally fell back asleep around 6:30 this morning and this is how we found him at around 10:00. He is usually an easy child so when nights like these happen, I shouldn't complain.
I was in Utah last week for finalizing our house stuff, and since I haven't seen my Grandma Christian in a year or so I decided to meet up with her for dinner. It was great to see her, and catch up . She offered to help me unpack my stuff when I finally make the move to Utah and I am going to hit her up on that.
I walked outside the other night to take the trash out and I literally almost stepped on this frog, and even though it was the kids bedtime I could not resist bringing them outside. I just wanted to see which one of my boys would have the nerve to touch it first. Shane won. Oh yeah, on another note, it was not that long ago that Brad squished a frog accidently. He was closing the garage door and it was timed just right that it came down right on top of the frog as it was hopping into our garage and the door smashed it in half...literally. It was really gross and what made it worse was that Daxon was the one to find it first the next morning. He thought it was really cool, I have to disagree.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I have completely missed your blogging. I am glad that you have decided to catch up. I am hopelessly addicted to it myself. Okay...I have to admit that I am jealous that every picture you post of yourself is darn perfect. I hang my head in envy!!!

Kyle said...

Thanks for letting me check out your blog. It was great to have Shane in nursery last week (sorry Daxon escaped and didn't want to come back in!) Anyway, Shane was right at home with us and he had fun! I love the Jack Sparrow costume by the way. Ammon wouldn't wear his dreds. Check out my blog for a picture of my husband wearing them!

Kyle said...

Oh, I almost forgot-- when we lived in Florida we got lots of little green tree frogs and they would accidently get smooshed. Sad. My husband actually was trying not to step on one once and when it hopped he ended up stepping on it. YUCK

sheila said...

The pumpkin turned out great!! It is obvious you get your artistic talents from your mother.

Heather said...

I am so excited that you have a blog. Its so fun to see your cute family :)