Wednesday, April 30, 2008

We are in!

We have the keys to the house, finally---
My awesome father-in-law and husband are very busy laying tile and other manly chores to get the house ready to finally move into. Yeah! Only a couple of weeks until the chaotic moving begins.

So here is the chandelier that I finally got hung this evening. I have been waiting to hang it since we first started building. I wish that I would have taken a picture of it before I re-vamped it but I didn't think about it. Let's just say I painted, de-rusted, bejeweled, and gave some much neede life to it.

Not the best picture of me but it was the only one from my date with my cute younger brother that I got. We went to the Kalai concert and were the first ones in line and in the door, which also equals front row seats. If you have never heard Kalai's music the look it up... it is really great. Cortland told me that it was the best concert that he had ever been to. I am just glad that he had just as much fun as I did. We met Kalai after the concert in the hallway and as we were walking away we saw a young teenage girl walk up to him and ask, "Hey, Kalai do you remember me from My Space?" He looked at her with a blank stare and you could see his mind going, "Ugh....what? who are you ?" It was really funny to see this 14 year-old girl believe that he would remember her from the thousands of other girls that try to contact him via the internet. All in all, the date was a success and I love my brother lots and lots. - Out

9 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, I haven't seen Courtland for years... he's so grown up! And you are as beautiful as always. How fun that you went on a date with him!!!

Jen said...

Yeah!!! You guys are in! Your chandelier is so chic. Chanel, you are so talented. Let me know when you are coming this way to visit. Hopefully we will be in town.

Ryan and Ali said...

i LOVE kalai!
we did the same thing last semester, we were first in line and also got front row seats! He is truly amazing and he is hilarious...

It was so fun seeing your family for the first time in a long time! Your still beautiful.

So now you have my address for my blog, i just barely started in today so it's nothing great yet!
talk to ya soon
Love, Ali

Jackson Family said...

I love Kalai too!!! He's amazing!
Glad to hear you guys have your KeYs!!! So fun. The chandelier is so darling, good job! let me know if you need any help.

jarv said...

How exciting you guys are almost moving in Congrats! I'm jealous you got to go to Kalai I didn't even know he was here.

Adriana said...

Hey, how is everything going? I know you are super busy but do you know anyone who can draw? I'm looking for someone who can draw pictures for my children's books...

Tai said...

That is so fun that you went on a date with Courtland. I love the chandelier. You have so much talent!! I can't wait to see your new house. I'm waiting for the invite!!

Ainsley said...

I really want to see the title and show Paul your house before we leave on Saturday. When are you free?

Ainsley said...

haha- when i say title i mean TILE.