Monday, August 11, 2008

gonzo

So they are gone... Two years of pictures, GONZO! Brads internal components from his computer literally blew up and we only had a hundred of our favorite pictures backed up. Yes, we were idiots and didn't back-up all of our files, so please learn from our mistakes. I found out about this a couple of weeks ago and I am still so angry and sad. If any of you have pictures of my children send them my way please!



For our update, Dax just started gymnastics and is the only boy in his class. He is stoked because he loves to show off to a crowd, especially a crowd of girls. During his first lesson his teacher wanted the class to practice jumping on the spring board and then land on a dot placed on the mat. In true Daxon fashion, when his turn came up he bolted down the runway, jumped on the spring board and did a front flip onto the mat. No, he didn't land it but it still looked pretty cool, but don't tell him I said that because it would contradict our little chat we had following his lesson. I had to give him an 'always listen to what your coach says' discussion, and somehow try not to laugh during it. Oh, and just in case you are wondering how in the heck I talked Brad into letting Dax take gymnastics... I told him that it will be great for Dax to learn how to correctly flip around so he can better prepare for the X-games freestyle skiing. Seriously.

6 comments:

Bilary said...

Oh my heck. I am so sorry about your pictures. I would be so sick about it too!:(

And about the gymnastics, I was just talking to Bill about that last night while we were watching men's gymnastics on the Olympics. I wondered if guys get embarrassed, but I decided that they are really, truly athletes. They are amazing. (And if it leads to a career in the X-Games, well, then that is even better!;))

Jen said...

I am so sorry about your pictures! I would be devastated. When Brennan was in gymnastics we got to see the older boys compete. They are true athletes for sure. They were all ripped and were way stronger than most athletes. Go Dax!!

sheila said...

Love the "future" picture of Daxon flipping on his snow skiis. It looks the gymnastics will really pay off.

The Traiyne said...

What's next Chanel? Ball room dancing?

kesli said...

you forgot to include brad's email he sent to all of us - that is the only good thing that came out of the picture fiasco. i have a TON of pictures for you from Newport and all our events of this fabulous summer.

jarv said...

I just told jeff the other day I want ALL of our pictures printed. He said there is no point you can just keep them on the computer and I said I don't trust computers! That is why. We lost all of our pictures of Max when he was 0-3 months because of our stupid computer I was so bummed. I'm dying to sign Max up for gymnastics where does Dax take?