Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I need to see the doctor

So, yesterday morning Daxon woke up screaming and holding his ear.( The previous two nights he was sick and kept both Brad and I up half of the night.) Well, he started saying to me,"Mom, I need to go to the doctor!", then began to cry, and then started screaming that phrase REPEATEDLY. So here I am, contacting the pediatrician only to find that he is booked. They then tell me to take him to an urgent care. They may as well have told me to take him to Tijuana for help, because the last time we took Shane to an urgent care in this town he ended up in the emergency room. So, as I am frantically calling Brad to help me find a decent urgent care, flipping through the phone book, changing a poopie diaper, and putting some clothes on myself, I realize that I don't hear Daxon crying anymore. I run to the garage door to find it unlocked, garage door open and no Dax. I run outside and I see him outside of our gate, walking on the side of the main street sreaming that his ear hurts and that he needs a doctor. This is where I reached the point where I think to myself that I may need a doctor, too. I felt so bad for him, because to him I wasn't hurrying fast enough to get him to the doctor. Five minutes later, we arrived at the hospital, only to find out that they don't take our insurance (why they don't take a PPO, I have no idea because most of the people that live up here don't even have insurance). Shane was screaming because I was out of fruit snacks, and it was past his naptime. Dax and I were so desperate at this point that I decided to pay out of pocket. Come to find out, he had an infection in his ears, throat, nose, and eyes! No wonder he was so uncomfortable. He is now feeling much better, and I have finally regained my composure. I may not need that doctor afterall...

4 comments:

Sunshine said...

I am so sorry!! This girlfriends-only weekend can't come fast enough! I hope Dax starts to feel better fast.

Jen said...

What a day!! I am sorry that it was so bad. Hopefully the drugs will kick in and you will get some peace.

lisa said...

that is soooo scary. i'm glad you got thru it alive!

Lillie said...

It's mornings like that that entitle you to lots and lots of girls weekends. I can totally picture Dax walking down the street... he's like a teenager in a tiny boy's body.

Today at church we sat in front of Brad-- and Dax said to him about Sophia "yeah Dad, I remember her, she's cool like me." We missed you.

Hope your girls weekend was fu-un.